Sunday, October 9, 2016

Scabs

Lyrics of self-reflection...and possibly a plot line of a short story I'm working on...spoiler alert anyone?


A condescending bite, a sickening lesion
Ripped wide open by carnivorous teeth
Refusal to heal, the infection spreads
Conquering slowly ‘til the eve of my death

Pus builds up
Flesh turns black
Swollen and sore
I’m covered in scabs
Covered in scabs

Wounds crust over but I claw them apart
Devouring me whole like leprosy
I howl at the beast, the wretched destroyer
The mirror reveals its name. It’s ME!

Eating the scabs, my enemy gains strength
Digesting clots, exaggerating pain
Demolition of life, a once innocent child
Now I’m left with naught but scars and scabs.


==From source== 36. Unbekannter Meister: „Wundbehandlung mit der Lanze" Zweite Hälfte des 17. Jahrhunderts (Semmelweis-Museum für Medizingeschichte, Budapest) Das Zeitalter der Entdeckungen und das Bekanntwerden mit den überseeischen Gebieten hat den

No comments:

Post a Comment