
bringing death, my first breath of life
everything dies, so too must I
steadily expiring my days must surely end
wax slowly dripping from existence's wick
my light has dimmed, my path grown thick
my God grown weary denying my futile requests
the blurred reflection hides disgrace
the years of rejection that seal my fate
are bleeding through the lines on my tired face
eyes are red and getting swollen
choking up, the tears are welling
the last time I'll be witness to my own gaze
getting drunk, intoxicating sadness
convinced that death and nothing matters
hiding all my secrets while burying my shame
eating all the words I've uttered
owning up to a life I've shattered
attempt to kill the beast I've left unnamed
I feel it fading
my life is draining
please don't stop me
from ending my pain
I need this closure
I'm growing colder
my final act of fading unto death
by Derek Herzberg
"Brown lady" by Source. Licensed under Fair use via Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Brown_lady.jpg#/media/File:Brown_lady.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment