Few people know this, but before Andromeda by Ashes of Abaddon was recorded as an instrumental, I had written lyrics to it called Executioner's Lament.
Heavy
to bed, yet weary to rise
In
slumber’s grasp, scream forgotten cries
All
I long for is peace of mind
Day
upon day, time after time
Existence
a curse as death is my life
Why
do I have to be alive?
The
black hood once to cloak the tears
Desensitized,
numb beyond years
I
wield the sword with calloused hand
Execution
at another’s command
Into
hell my black steed rides
Why
do I have to be alive?
Soul
destruction is my demise
I am
an abortion in my father’s eyes
Destroying
life I did not create
Murder
my business, a business of hate
Unlike
my victims, I deserve to die
Why
do I have to be alive?
Tonight
I lie, head in my hands
Tomorrow
I die, head in the sands
Reflections
of a headless past
Blind
obedience will cease at last
Can
I find redemption’s lair
After
I cease to be alive?
By Derek Herzberg
"Hinrichtung" by Sebastian Sonntag - Flugblatt Nachrichtensammlung Wick (1560-1586).
"Hinrichtung" by Sebastian Sonntag - Flugblatt Nachrichtensammlung Wick (1560-1586).
Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons -
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hinrichtung.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Hinrichtung.jpg

No comments:
Post a Comment