This is a song I wrote and recorded many years ago (15 years ago?). The recording isn't the best, due to my limitations then...I was using a PC microphone dangling from a coat hangar propped on my desk in such a way as to let the microphone hang even with the sound hole of my acoustic guitar. I didn't know then what I know now about recording (which still isn't a whole lot) and I used mostly first takes if they "weren't too bad"...anyhoo, here it is...be kind
Armies are marching through valleys and rills
Silence is screaming for mercy divine
As women and children are left far behind
Fathers and brothers, boys among men
Ne’er a word spoken lest sealing their end
Weapons of darkness ‘mid thickening gloom
Hope now lies dormant ‘neath quickening doom
We’ll fight till we bleed, we’ll fight till we die
Our home awaits us beyond northern skies
God of our fathers protect us we pray
With fire by night and smoke cloud by day
Our journey through sorrows we know now draws nigh
Mothers,
your baby boys kiss them goodbye
I think of my lady awake where she lies
The wind brings her whispers to me through the night
Renewed with courage, I’ll fight till I die
We’ll fight till we bleed, we’ll fight till we die
Our home awaits us beyond northern skies
by Derek Herzberg
"De Neuville - The Huns at the Battle of Chalons" by Original uploader was Lordkinbote at en.wikipedia - Originally from en.wikipedia; description page is/was here.. Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:De_Neuville_-_The_Huns_at_the_Battle_of_Chalons.jpg#mediaviewer/File:De_Neuville_-_The_Huns_at_the_Battle_of_Chalons.jpg
"De Neuville - The Huns at the Battle of Chalons" by Original uploader was Lordkinbote at en.wikipedia - Originally from en.wikipedia; description page is/was here.. Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:De_Neuville_-_The_Huns_at_the_Battle_of_Chalons.jpg#mediaviewer/File:De_Neuville_-_The_Huns_at_the_Battle_of_Chalons.jpg

No comments:
Post a Comment