Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Last Night in Hell

Some dark lyrics to a song I was working on...
I struggle to rise, it aches in my mind
Tethered to sadness
I push back despair
Helplessness, hopelessness
Can't let them see
This wretch hides inside me, immune to repair

I used to be happy, an innocent child
It seems so removed
Was it only a dream?
I've buried my youth in denial and guilt
Nobody listens
Judgment and shame

I must admit I contemplate ending it
I told you I hurt
This illness is real
No childhood trauma, just disease of the mind
I want it all gone
It's my life to kill

Not gonna make it into heaven
Tonight I'll make it my last night in hell

by Derek Herzberg

"019Visita al infierno" by Mauricio García Vega - Mauricio García Vega.
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - 
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:019Visita_al_infierno.jpg#mediaviewer/File:019Visita_al_infierno.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment