Thursday, August 7, 2014

Disciples of Abaddon

Those that have known me for a considerable amount of time probably know that I have been working on a "universe" of religious horror fiction. This poem is told from the perspective of a main character known as Khaen (pronounced caw-'en) and was written and recorded for my band Ashes of Abaddon. Have a listen!


I’ve walked the earth from the dawn of man
Without a place to lay my head
Condemned to solitude and isolation
Father, see what you have made!

Murder of millions without shame or regret
The blind, they claim to see
Corruptive power and corrosive greed
Hypocrites! The enemy!


D.O.A. Disciple of Abaddon
I am every blood stained hand
D.O.A. Disciples of Abaddon
Against the world we stand


History rewritten with a blinded eye
A sacred, holy writ
They claim to serve a master never known
Into his face I spit

My sinless sin damned me to this fate
My darkened mind now light
Never again a scapegoat to become
Unto my end I will fight!

by Derek Herzberg

"Christianandapollyon" by H. C. Selous and M. Paolo Priolo - The pilgrim's progressfrom this world to that which is to comeby John Bunyanwith notes by Rev Robert Maguireand illustrations by H. C. Selous and M. Paolo PrioloLondon, Cassell, Petter and Galpin c. 1850available online at http://www.galaxy.bedfordshire.gov.uk/webingres/bedfordshire/vlib/0.information_reference/art_gall_fant_bunyan_chrn_comb_apoll.htm. Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Christianandapollyon.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Christianandapollyon.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment