A song from our newest album, Trollskinner is based on the movie Troll Hunter, although I wrote the lyrics from the perspective of a hunted troll.
Centuries in hiding
In biding my time
In biding my time
Nights alone, nocturnal
Feeding on wayward flesh
Feeding on wayward flesh
Safety lies not in number
In slumber I hide
Survival lies not in chaos
In caverns I lie
In slumber I hide
Survival lies not in chaos
In caverns I lie
I've survived the darkness
You've come to make your name
You've come to make your name
Leave me be,
Trollhunter
Let me rest, Trollskinner
I've been hunted,Trollkiller
Let me die in peace!
Let me rest, Trollskinner
I've been hunted,Trollkiller
Let me die in peace!
A death in stone, Refusal
Avoid the light at all cost
Avoid the light at all cost
Stench of piss, crude armor
A wolf in lamb's blood
A wolf in lamb's blood
You cry out for God
As if he hears your words
Your creator put me here
A murderer you've become
As if he hears your words
Your creator put me here
A murderer you've become
A beast of hell, forgotten
With nothing left to lose!
With nothing left to lose!
Leave me be, Trollhunter
Let me rest, Trollskinner
I've been hunted, Trollkiller
Let me die in peace!
by Derek Herzberg
Let me rest, Trollskinner
I've been hunted, Trollkiller
Let me die in peace!
by Derek Herzberg

No comments:
Post a Comment