Thursday, July 24, 2014

Caveblind

The legend of Cain, Christianity's first murderer. Some speculation exists that Cain was cursed with immortality, punishing him to wander and suffer in his own torment, and that he was given a mark to prevent anyone from killing him lest the wrath of God descend upon them sevenfold. Speculation also exists that this sign or mark of Cain was that of a loathsome, hairy beast, resulting in becoming master to the race of Sasquatches. Drafted out as potential lyrics to a song, Caveblind is my ode to the "Squatch of Cain."

In ancient times a beast was slain
Brother killed by brother
A hoary wretch of mortal man
God’s first abomination
Condemned to wander, forced to starve
Scorned by my own mother
An oath was sworn by threat of throat
A secret combination

To those who find me, a curse untimely
The mark upon my soul
A walking slumber, a punishing daze
My solitude eternal
I seek for death, though none be found
My demise avenged sevenfold
Master Mahan I am called
Rage of flames infernal

The day has come that I become
Greater than my master
The one to whom allegiance formed
By works within the dark
For I have stolen souls of men
Now a motherless bastard
Bound to me by murderous oath
Are those who bear my mark

In darkened caves I dwell alone
No pillow, bed, or stable home
Forever forage, always roam
I shall rise. Caveblind!
by Derek Herzberg 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cain_Henri_Vidal_Tuileries.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment