Saturday, July 12, 2014

Leland

This is a song I wrote the lyrics and guitars for as a tribute to one of the greatest television series of all time: Twin Peaks! Recorded (and performed on occasion) by Ashes of Abaddon. Give it a listen. 

Guitars: Justin Kurth & Derek Herzberg
Vocals & Bass Guitar: Jesse Wetzel
Drums: Brett Widmer







Verse 1:
Everywhere I turn I see her face
She is she but I’m not me
Her dead voice beckons me from the lake
These bad dreams I can’t erase

Verse 2:
Cut off that which hath offended thee
Birds peck at her dying flesh
Fear and pain his Garmonbozia
Killer Bob will never rest

Verse 3:
The owls are not what they seem to be
Forest shrouds his blackened gate
Doppelganger is what he’s become
Killer Bob has sealed my fate

Chorus:
Leland
What have you done?
Fire
Walk with me

Breakdown 1:
Red Curtains bind me
Killer tries to find me
Little man confound me
Drowning in the Black Lodge

Verse 4:
In the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see;
One chants out between two worlds:
 
'FIRE, WALK WITH ME!'" – Mike (one armed man) – Twin Peaks: Season 1 episode 2 last 10 minutes!

by Derek Herzberg 


No comments:

Post a Comment